Facebook Photo Contest: 7th Congressional District
Some top entries from my last Facebook photo contest.
I use Facebook to provide quick updates on how I’m working for you in Washington and back at home. It’s a great way for us to stay in touch. But my cover photo could use a refresh – and I’d like your help so my Facebook page can better represent the beautiful area we call home.
If you have great photos of the Sacramento County area, I hope you will join the Facebook Photo Contest for the 7th Congressional district – your picture could be our new Facebook cover photo!
Please refer to this page for more information on contest rules and how you can enter today!
All entries to the Facebook cover photo contest must meet the following rules:
- Photos must be within California’s 7th congressional district, which resides entirely within Sacramento County. Major neighborhoods and cities include Elk Grove, Florin, Rosemont, Rancho Cordova, Rancho Murieta, Carmichael, Arden Arcade, Fair Oaks, Citrus Heights, Orangevale, Gold River, and Folsom.
- Entrants must be residents of California’s 7th congressional district. If you’re not sure if you’re a resident of my district, please click here to find out.
- You must be the author of the photo(s) and it cannot be copyrighted, or have a pending copyright application by another author without permission.
- Photos will be judged for creativity, quality, and by Facebook "likes."
- Higher-quality photos are strongly preferred. A minimum 300dpi resolution, at least 1000 pixels square is required.
- By submitting your photo(s), you are giving my office permission to publish your photo(s) on my website, Facebook and other social media networks, in print, digital, and any other form.
- You may request to have your photos withdrawn from the contest, and my office as well reserves the right to not post your photos.
- Violations of these rules may lead to disqualification.
If you’d like to enter the Facebook photo contest, please email your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include the following:
- Your photo(s) in a standard image format (i.e., JPG, PNG);
- Include your full name and your full home mailing address.
- All entrants must be residents of the 7th congressional district – if you don’t know if you live in my district, please click here to find out.
- All entries are due no later than Friday, April 7th, at 5 PM PST.
All photo entries are due no later than Friday, April 7th, at 5PM PST. After submitting your photos:
- My staff and I will then select the finalists, which will be posted on Facebook.
- Beginning on Monday, April 10th, Sacramento County residents can then vote for the winner by “liking” their favorite photos on Facebook.
- Votes will be accepted until Friday, April 14th, at 5:30 PM PST.
- Winner(s) will be announced shortly thereafter.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-5716. I look forward to seeing your photos!