2019 Winner, "Little Dreamer Dancing on Top of the World" by Madeleine, Cosumnes Oaks High School
Each year, I’m proud to have my office take part in the annual congressional art competition An Artistic Discovery. This is a great opportunity for qualifying high school students from Sacramento County to demonstrate their terrific artistic abilities.
The winner of this competition will receive two free roundtrip tickets to Washington, D.C. to see their art hung in the U.S. Capitol!
Each student who enters the competition must comply with all of the contest’s rules and regulations.
Specifically, please be mindful of the following:
- For my office, the deadline to enter the competition is Friday, April 12th, at 6:00 PM. Please bring your artwork to my local office at:
8950 Cal Center Drive
Building 3, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95826
- All artwork must be completed by individual high school students residing or attending school in the 7th congressional district of California.
- If you’re not sure if you live within the 7th congressional district, please click here to learn more.
- Accepted mediums: paintings, drawings, collages, prints, mixed-media, computer-generated art, photographs.
- Entries must be the ORIGINAL work of the student; framed dimensions cannot exceed 26” x 26” x 4” and should not weigh more than 15 pounds, including the frame (Frame Optional).
- Winner receives two free roundtrip tickets to Washington, D.C. and will be invited to a showcase featuring all winning artwork from around the country.
- Please review all of the below additional documents carefully to learn more about the rules and other informaiton:
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call my office at (916) 635-0505 to speak with a member of my staff.
Good luck to all of the participants!