2017 winner, “Generoso” by Lindsey Olson
Know a local high school artist?
My office is now accepting entries for the 2018 Congressional Art Competition! Each year I’m proud to have my office take part in this competition to highlight talented local high school students.
The winner receives two free round-trip tickets to see his or her art work hung in our nation’s capital!
Find all the details you need on this page. And please don’t hesitate to call my office at (916) 635-0505 and speak with either Philip or Ivanna if you have any questions.
- Qualifying high school students must reside within California’s 7th congressional district. If you’re not sure if you reside in my district, click here to find out.
- All artwork must be completed by a high school student and have an accompanying student release form.
- Entries must be the ORIGINAL work of the student.
- Accepted mediums: Paintings, drawings, collages, prints, mixed-media, photography, computer assisted.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional and weigh no more than 15 pounds. Framed dimensions cannot exceed 28” x 28” x 4”
- Deadline: All entries must be submitted by April 6th, 2018 by 5 PM.
- 8950 Cal Center Drive
- Building 3, Suite 100
- Finalists will be selected by a panel of independent judges at a later date. The winner will be selected by the public, which will have the chance to vote for the winner online.
- 2018 Rules for Students and Teachers
- 2018 Student Information and Release Form
- 2018 Art Submission Checklist
- Guide to Copyright and Plagiarism
You may also click here to see last year’s winners from congressional districts across the country.