Congressional Art Competition
2020 Winner, “Tonight, We Time Travel” (Acrylic on Cardstock) by Allison Hakes of Folsom High School
Each year, I’m proud to have my office take part in the annual congressional art competition An Artistic Discovery. This is a great opportunity for qualifying high school students from Sacramento County to demonstrate their terrific artistic abilities.
The winner of this competition will have their artwork hung in the U.S. Capitol for one year!
Each student who enters the competition must comply with all of the contest’s rules and regulations.
Specifically, please be mindful of the following:
- For my office, the deadline to enter the competition is Sunday, April 25th at 11:59 PM PT.
- Please submit a photo of your artwork by clicking on the submission portal. Make sure the photo is clear and well-lit.
- All artwork must be completed by individual high school students residing or attending school in the 7th congressional district of California.
- If you’re not sure if you live within the 7th congressional district, please click here to learn more.
- Accepted mediums in 2-D format: paintings, drawings, collages, prints, mixed-media, computer-generated art, photographs.
- Entries must be the ORIGINAL work of the student; framed dimensions cannot exceed 26” x 26” x 4” and should not weigh more than 15 pounds, including the frame (Frame Optional).
- Winning artwork will be displayed in the United States Capitol for the next year!
- Please review all of the below additional documents carefully to learn more about the rules and other information:
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call my office at (916) 635-0505 to speak with a member of my staff.
Good luck to all of the participants!