Invite: Cash for College Workshop on October 5th
Meeting with U.C. Davis graduate students in my Washington, D.C. office.
Hard working young people should have a fair shot at the American dream. But today, the rising cost of college is making that dream harder and harder to achieve. Ensuring our youth are ready for tomorrow’s jobs is one of the most critical things we can do to help everyone get ahead in our economy.
That’s why my office is partnering with the California Student Aid Commission, Sacramento County, and others to hold Cash for College Workshops this fall to help young people apply for financial aid. Please use this page to learn the details, what documents you should bring, and to RSVP.
What: Cash for College Workshop
Time: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Where: San Juan High School
7551 Greenback Lane
Citrus Heights, CA 95610
Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/Fj4vZ9WEwAU2
Please bring the following applicable documents to the Cash for College workshop so we can better assist you.
- Student’s Social Security card and drivers license (or government issued ID), if available
- Parents’ Social Security cards (if available)
- Parents’ federal income tax return from tax year 2016
- Records of untaxed income such as child support, TANF, interest income, veterans non-education benefits, Social Security benefits
- Student's 2016 federal income tax return, or evidence of income earned (W-2 form or pay records)
- Bank account records or statements
- Records of stocks, bonds or investments
- Business records
- If not a US citizen, bring alien registration card (if available)
- A list of the colleges you are interested in.