District Photo Contest
PHOTO CONTEST IS CLOSED
Congratulations to Lisa for winning our District Photo Contest with this beautiful picture of the Effie Yeaw Nature Center in Carmichael! This photo and all the outstanding photo entries are a great reminder that California District 7 is one of the most beautiful districts in the country!
Did you know that I’m on Facebook? Just like my e-mail updates, Facebook is a great way for quick updates on how I’m working for you and how my office can serve you. Click here to like my page!
But my cover photo could now use a refresh – and I’d like your help so my Facebook page can better represent the beautiful community we call home.
If you have great photos of the Sacramento County area, I hope you will join the Facebook Photo Contest for the 7th Congressional district – your picture could be featured on my website and Facebook page!
What are the rules?
All entries to the Facebook cover photo contest must meet the following rules:
- Photos must be within California’s 7th congressional district, which resides entirely within Sacramento County. Major neighborhoods and cities include Elk Grove, Florin, Rosemont, Rancho Cordova, Rancho Murieta, Carmichael, Arden Arcade, Fair Oaks, Citrus Heights, Orangevale, Gold River, and Folsom.
- Entrants must be residents of California’s 7th congressional district. If you’re not sure if you’re a resident of my district, please click here to find out.
- You must be the author of the photo(s) and it cannot be copyrighted, or have a pending copyright application by another author without permission.
- Photos will be judged for creativity, quality, and by Facebook "likes."
- Higher-quality photos are strongly preferred. A minimum 300dpi resolution, at least 1000 pixels square is required.
- By submitting your photo(s), you are giving my office permission to publish your photo(s) on my website, Facebook and other social media networks, in print, digital, and any other form.
- You may request to have your photos withdrawn from the contest, and my office as well reserves the right to not post your photos.
- Violations of these rules may lead to disqualification.
How can I enter?
- If you’d like to enter the Facebook photo contest, please email your photo(s) to RepBera@mail.house.gov. Your email should include the following:
- Your photo(s) in a standard image format (i.e., JPG, PNG).
- Include your full name and your full home mailing address.
- A brief description of your photo, including location.
- All entries are due no later than Friday, September 6th, at 5PM PST.
What happens after I send in my photos?
- My staff and I will then select the finalists, which will be posted on Facebook.
- Beginning on Tuesday, September 10th, Sacramento County residents can then vote for the winner by “liking” their favorite photos on Facebook.
- Votes will be accepted until Tuesday, September 17th, at 5:30 PM PST.
- Winner(s) will be announced shortly thereafter on social media.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-5716. I look forward to seeing your photos!