Skip to Content

Ami's Updates

Guidance for U.S. Citizens in Ukraine

Regarding the situation in Ukraine, please carefully read the below information regarding how my office can help.

U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents, and eligible family members please complete a U.S. Department of State, Crisis Intake form:

The U.S. Embassy Kyiv has published helpful information on border crossings and other departure-related information on its alert website at The State Department stated that information will continually be added to this page as it becomes available.

Immigrant Visa - Immigrant Visa Process
Do not submit your application to my office. My office cannot file any application on anyone's behalf.

Further, the State Department has provided the below information regarding pending Immigrant Visas and Nonimmigrant visas.

Immigrant visas: While immigrant visa cases cannot currently be processed at Embassy Kyiv, applicants whose cases have completed USCIS processing and have reached the National Visa Center may request to transfer their applications to another U.S. Embassy or Consulate that processes immigrant visas for further processing. To request a case transfer, applicants may visit the National Visa Center's inquiry website atc Additionally, Congressional offices may highlight particularly urgent cases to the National Visa Center by emailing, noting that the applicant is in Ukraine. The same address can assist Congressional offices with a transfer of a case to another post outside Ukraine. If the application is still undergoing processing at USCIS, we would defer to USCIS for a further update on the status and timeline for processing.

Nonimmigrant visas: Applicants seeking to apply for a nonimmigrant visa may apply at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate to which they can travel and secure an appointment. Information on current operating status and application procedures is available at each post's website; a directory of post websites is available at

In addition, for those who do not have any pending petitions or applications, below is Humanitarian Parole information from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) which may be helpful:

Humanitarian Parole

I-912, Request for Fee Waiver

If you live in my Congressional District and you would like my office to inquire with a U.S. federal agency regarding your repatriation, petition, or application, please fill out a Privacy Act waiver and return it to my office by emailing: